Lifetime Homes (LTH) – what are they?
LTH are ordinary homes incorporating 16 Design Criteria that can be universally applied to new homes at minimal cost. All 16 Design Criteria must be met for houses to be Lifetime Homes.
The 16 Criteria
The 16 criteria for Lifetime Homes are as follows:
1) Parking (width or widening capability
2) Approach to dwelling from parking
3) Approach to all entrances
5) Communal stairs and lifts
6) Internal doorways and hallways
7) Circulation Space
8) Entrance level living space
9) Potential for entrance level living space
10) Entrance level WC and shower drainage
11) WC and bathroom walls
12) Stairs and potential through-floor lift in dwellings
13) Potential for fitting of hoists and bedroom/ bathroom
15) Glazing and window handle heights
16) Location of service controls.
This is personal, so we recommend meeting face-to-face for a head-to-heart discussion. We want to grasp exactly what you’re looking for while understanding more about what is achievable in time, space and budget.
A phone call sets everything in motion. Call us on 0161 926 9039 today.