BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment Scheme
A BREEAM scheme designed especially to help improve the sustainability and environmental performance of existing dwellings whilst aiming to save ongoing energy bills.
Why use the BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment scheme?
The scheme can be used for a variety of reasons including:
– To guide refurbishment designs by identifying the sustainability issues to be taken into account
– Demonstrate and benchmark sustainability and environment credentials
– Reduce risks from flooding, fire and security issues
– To enhance the health and wellbeing of occupants
What areas does the BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment scheme cover?
The scheme covers eight sustainable design principles. The eight principles covered are:
1 – Energy and Carbon Dioxide Emissions;
2 – Water;
3 – Materials;
4 – Innovation
5 – Waste;
6 – Pollution;
7 – Health and well-being;
8 – Management;
What projects can the scheme be used for? The BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment scheme can be used for a range of domestic projects including:
– Where a variety of alterations are being made to the dwelling including extensions, window replacements and new insulation
– Conversions and change of use projects e.g. the conversion of a barn into a self contained family dwelling
– Refurbishment and regeneration schemes covering a large number of dwellings
Please contact us today to discuss how your project can benefit from the BREEAM domestic refurbishment scheme and how Hunter Architects & Planners can assist with the design and certification process.Call or email us today for more information.
This is personal, so we recommend meeting face-to-face for a head-to-heart discussion. We want to grasp exactly what you’re looking for while understanding more about what is achievable in time, space and budget.
A phone call sets everything in motion. Call us on 0161 926 9039 today.